Thursday, October 6, 2011

Is my faith real enough?


Moses at a clinic

Wow… today was incredible.  Not only have I seen real poverty, I’ve also seen how God can use people in big ways.  It has really made me think!  I’m seeing how so many people over here are stepping out in faith and doing things that are SO incredible.  They see these tragic situations and people in need and actually do something about it. 


Feeding the Little Ones






My dad and I are studying the Bible’s book of James while we’re here and there is verse that has really stuck me: “If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacks daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and be filled,” and yet you do not give them what the body needs, what good is it?  So also faith, if it does not have works, is dead being by itself.”  If you think about that for a minute, how does this relate to our lives?  I know it’s different for each of us.  For me, it means charity.  For someone else, it might be taking care friends or family.  But, for Holly and William, it’s creating a home for children without parents, suffering from HIV/AIDS and giving them faith, love and a real home.  Most of these kids will lead productive lives… and some, will simply feel loved for the time they have remaining.

Diana 

I know that I’m only 13 years old, but when I see people over here like Holly and William and their volunteers,, it makes me wonder how I can do more.  The way they are giving everything they have to make a difference is incredible and challenging.  Is my faith real enough to do what they do?  




                Sincerely, Jack